The best cleaner for baby toys ranges from spray surface cleaners, disinfectant sprays, and wipes to natural cleaners like vinegar, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. No matter the type of cleaner you chose to use, it is important to ensure that it is safe for the baby.
Best Cleaner For Baby Toys
The ideal cleaner and disinfectant for baby toys should not contain dyes and should be free of toxic substances like BPA, PVC, Parabens, and Phthalates. This is because babies’ bodies are delicate and sensitive, and hence such substances can put their health at risk.
In this article, we shall review different cleaners and disinfectants that can be used to ensure the cleanliness of baby’s toys, feeding chairs, and other surfaces at home or daycare.
The fact that it kills mold makes it ideal for baby bath toys, which tend to grow mold over time.
It is very easy to use. All you have to do is spray it on the toys, high chair, and other hard surfaces and leave them to air dry. You do not have to wipe it after spraying because it turns into saline water, which dries within a few minutes.
Most importantly, CleanSmart is safe to use on baby items. It does not contain harsh chemicals or produces toxic fumes.
The smell leads many people to believe that CleanSmart is diluted bleach, which is not the case. Advanced technology is used to mix water and hypochlorous acid; thereby, creating an effective product that is harsh on germs but gentle on users.
- It turns into a saline solution, which is safe for a baby.
- Does not leave any residue on baby items and surfaces after drying
- It does not need to be rinsed off.
- No harmful fumes are produced; rather, it freshens the air.
- Gentle on children and pets
- It kills 99% of germs
- It can only be used on hard and non-porous surfaces. Thus, it cannot be used on fabric toys.
It has been tested by a dermatologist and pediatrician and proved to be non-allergenic and non-irritant. In addition, it is free of phthalates, phosphates, bleach, dyes, sulfates, parabens, and fragrances.
Moreover, it does not leave a toxic residue or harsh chemicals on baby items and surfaces.
- No toxic chemical ingredients
- It does not produce toxic fumes or leaves residue
- Non-allergenic and non-irritant
- Easy to use
- No need to rinse after spraying
- Dermatologist tested
- Baby items and surfaces need to be wiped after spraying this cleaner.
Clorox is a common household cleaner. This is because it cleans a variety of surfaces, including baby toys, high chairs, and also booster seat’s surface.
Bleach helps to kill 99% of germs and especially bacteria and viruses and also removes tough stains. For instance, if the high chair straps are stained, you can spray Clorox. This will not only remove the stains but also clean grease, leaving them sparkling clean.
You can also use these cleaner to clean other surfaces in the house like the kitchen counter, toilet, and bathtub.
Clorox clean-up contains hydrogen peroxide, unlike other cleaners that contain chlorine. Hence, its bleaching smell is mild.
- Removes stains easily without scrubbing
- Works very fast
- Durable spray bottle
- It smells like bleach, although the smell fades away after some minutes.
- May bleach-colored fabric.
Once sprayed on a surface, it prevents the growth of mildew and mold for up to one week.
It works on all surfaces, both hard and soft. So it is safe to use even on your baby’s stuffed toys.
When disinfecting toys, spray them until they are completely wet, let them sit for 3 minutes, then air dry. In the case of Norovirus, spray and let them sit for 10 minutes, then air dry.
- Effective against norovirus
- Disinfects within a short time
- Very easy to use
- Does not remove stains efficiently
It is a starter kit that comes with a spray bottle, activator base, 5 activator capsules, a power cord, and a user manual. You can make up to five 12 oz bottles of the all-purpose cleaner and deodorizer with the 5 activator capsules in the starter kit.
In addition, it is free of fragrances, dyes, allergens, preservatives, and other irritants.
It works perfectly on greasy, sticky, and grimy surfaces and also helps to get rid of bad odor in the kitchen or bathroom, among other areas.
For baby toys, pacifiers, and high chair trays, you simply need to spray and then wipe them with a paper towel or dry cloth. There is no need to rinse off.
- Gentle on baby gear
- It does not produce toxic fumes
- No toxic chemical ingredients
- Freshens the house
- Cleans all surfaces
- Simple to use
- You can make up to 5 bottles; hence cost-effective.
- Lasts for at most 2 weeks. Fortunately, you can make a fresh one at home rather than buying a new one.
- It needs to be filtered, distilled, or hard water with a softener. Hard water alone interferes with the effectiveness of the cleaner.
PURELL is a disinfectant spray that can be used on all surfaces, both soft and hard. This includes toys, doorknobs, high chairs, granite counters, laundry surfaces, car seats, and prep surfaces, among others.
It is scientifically proven to kill 99% of germs, including the E.coli, cold, and flu viruses. In fact, it has been found to kill Norovirus and MRSA within 30 seconds after spraying.
Similar to other non-toxic cleaners, PURELL does not contain any harsh chemicals. Once sprayed on baby items, it does not need to be rinsed off. In addition, there is no need to wipe surfaces and items after spraying since this disinfectant contains about 30% alcohol, which evaporates.
- Safe to use on food surfaces, around children and pets
- Great disinfectant against flu and cold virus
- It can be used on both soft and hard surfaces.
- Disinfects within 30 seconds
- It does not produce any harsh fumes
- It has a pleasant light smell
- Some users find that it does not work very well on mold.
Babies often make a big mess with their high chairs and toys. Cleaning the high chair and the toys, however, should not be a burden. They may be cleaned without resorting to the use of a scrub. In order to eliminate any bacteria or germs that could be harmful to your baby’s health, simply spraying the things with cleaner for baby toys or disinfectant will do the trick, as discussed above.
Last update on 2023-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API