Best Postpartum Belly Wrap
Contemplating on whether you need or should use a postpartum belly wrap? Here is everything you need to know about these products – their pros and cons, as well as the features to look for.
We have also picked the top postpartum belly wraps which are currently being offered on the market for you.
Why should you wear a postpartum belly wrap?
There are several main reasons why new moms choose to wear postpartum belly girdles or wraps.
Disguising the belly
One of the main reasons is to feel better about their bodies after 9 months of pregnancy and childbirth. With good quality and a well-fitting girdle, your postpartum belly will be successfully tucked and disguised.
Even though your tummy won’t matter all that much when you have a baby to care for, feeling better about yourself and your appearance might help you overcome postpartum depression and fully embrace parenting.
There is no need to feel self-conscious when you are at home or out because losing the baby weight and the protruding belly might take weeks, months, and occasionally years. A postpartum girdle can be quite helpful in this situation.
Providing abdominal support
Another reason for wearing a postpartum belly wrap is for added abdominal support.
A postpartum belt or girdle can give you the much-needed support after giving birth because pregnancy and childbirth can be hard on your abdominal muscles.
Women who have had C-sections and are unable to apply too much pressure to their abdominal muscles would particularly benefit from this.
You’ll feel more supported and be able to manage the pain and pressure around the C-section incision with the aid of a well-made, properly-fitting girdle.
It can also help the uterus recover and shrink back to its pre-pregnancy size, as well as keep the loose and flappy skin tight and comfortable.
Helping improve the posture
Getting your posture back to normal after pregnancy can take quite a bit of time until your spine adjusts to the change of weight and the balance of the body.
A good quality postnatal girdle can help you sit and stand straighter without too much effort or without having to consciously think about your posture at all times.
Lessen the back pain
When you are a new mom and spend hours bending down, carrying your baby, and nursing it, you can feel quite a lot of pressure and even pain in the lower back.
Even if your doctor has advised you to avoid heavy lifting, it is almost impossible to take care of a newborn without bending down and lifting it and other things you need for its well-being.
With a good postpartum girdle, new moms can get the lower back support that they need to make these tasks easier on the back and pain-free.
Of course, a postpartum belly wrap is not a magical device and will not restore your weight, or your body shape and strengthen your core muscles. But for the first days and weeks after giving birth, it is the safest and easiest option to make life easier for oneself.
It helps alleviate the pressure and pain after a C-section
Since the girdle will keep the abdomen tight and in place, it will help reduce the pressure on your C-section incision and help reduce the pain after giving birth.
It can also help restore the normal positions in your organs after the baby has finally left your body, and everything inside can start getting back to normal.
A good postpartum belly wrap can be very useful for dealing with and healing diastase recti, which is a common postpartum condition and causes the abs muscles to stay separated.
Features to look for when choosing the best postpartum belly wrap
Choosing s suitable and the well-fitting postpartum girdle is essential if you want to benefit from it, rather than feel uncomfortable or harm your body or health.
This is why you should look for a girdle that will fit your body well and which will allow you to proceed with your life normally and without feeling too tight or without having to adjust it every two minutes.
You should pick the appropriate size for your body shape, size, and weight because you will want to be able to breathe and move comfortably when you are wearing it.
Also, you should choose a material that is comfortable for the skin. Most of the postpartum girdles we have picked are made of lightweight and breathable materials, and they are also hypoallergenic and will not cause itchiness, sweating, or discomfort.
Make sure you check out not only the size of the girdle but the size of the seams on its top, bottom, hips, and others because you want it to be comfortable everywhere, right?
Another feature is to decide whether you want a girdle that will support your abdomen only or one, which will also support your pelvis, your waist, and possibly your buttocks too.
There are several different postpartum belly wrap types being offered. Some are corsets and vests, others a more like panties, there are belts, and there are whole pull-on girdles that cover the entire torso.
You should choose the style that will make you feel the most comfortable and that will make it easier for you to use the restroom or breastfeed.
The adaptability of a feature should also be considered. While some girdles are unquestionably appropriate for use postpartum, others are more adaptable, allowing you to continue wearing them as shaping underwear, for back support, and to enhance posture.
Therefore, when selecting the postpartum belly wrap for your requirements, consider whether you want to be making a greater long-term commitment.
It is a good idea to purchase two belly wraps – one for right after you deliver your baby, which is a larger size, and a smaller one for the next weeks and months as your belly starts resuming its pre-pregnancy shape and size. You can also get an adjustable one, which you can set to fit your changing body.
The different types of postpartum belly wraps
There are different types of products that new moms use right after childbirth for added body support. All of them have their pros and cons.
Here are the main types of postpartum wraps you can choose from:
The belly wrap
The belly wrap is usually an adjustable, wide, elastic wrap that covers the body from the ribs to the upper part of the hips.
It is the type of girdle that provides the gentlest compression on the abdomen and on the body.
The abdominal compression binder
This is a device that is medical and is worn following an abdomen surgery. It usually is a simple band that provides adjustable Velcro or other binding and mild to firm compression on the abdomen.
They are mostly used for bariatric patients but are often prescribed for new mothers postpartum too.
The waist cincher or trainer
This one looks like a corset and usually has a hook and eye or zipper adjustment. It is a wide band that covers the midsection of the body from under the bust to the hips. It is commonly used for shaping the body and for reducing the waist size and achieving an hourglass figure. These types of girdles offer quite firm and extra firm compression.
These are considered shaping and fashionable garments, which can be worn underneath the clothing or alone, and are not designed specifically for postpartum use.
It is essential that you choose a medical product that has been designed, and if possible – approved for use after childbirth if you want to stay safe and recover faster from your pregnancy and labor.
In some cases, using the wrong type of postpartum girdle can be very uncomfortable and even painful and harmful for the new mom, so don’t be tempted to buy a sexy-looking corset rather than a belly wrap or girdle, which was specifically designed for postpartum use.
When should you start wearing a postpartum girdle?
Ask your doctors about the best time to start wearing a postpartum belt or girdle. Some women prefer starting to wear them right after childbirth, while in other cases, it may be suggested for you to wait for a few days or weeks before putting one on, depending on your condition after giving birth.
Usually, you will be recommended to start wearing the belly wrap of your choice for just a few hours a day to see how it feels and to get used to it. After that, you can wear it as much as you want, as long as you are comfortable with it.
Most manufacturers of these medical products advise that they should be worn daily (and sometimes nightly as well) for 30 to 60 days after giving birth.
It is advised that you make it comfortable and that you remove it right away if it begins to bother you or make you feel uneasy while wearing it.
You should most definitely discuss wearing such a device with your doctor if you experienced issues throughout your pregnancy or childbirth. You should generally refrain from utilizing such an item until the situation is handled if your incision has become infected or you are experiencing other issues after giving delivery.
Can a postpartum belly wrap help you lose the baby weight faster?
As mentioned previously, these wraps are excellent devices to help new moms recover from their pregnancy and childbirth faster, but there is no evidence that they can help you lose the extra baby weight faster after giving birth.
Losing weight usually requires exercise and a diet, unless you are super lucky and lose all the weight just like that.
The good news is, with a comfortable belly wrap that provides you with more stability and reduces the pressure and pain, you can start with your exercise regimen or simply being more active early on after giving birth.
Still, remember that those few weeks and months after giving birth are all about you and your baby getting the nourishment and bonding you need rather than being worried about losing the excess weight from the pregnancy.
The best postpartum belly wraps for 2023
Keeping in mind all of the essential features for choosing a product like this, and after testing and reviewing multiple girdles, wraps, and belts, we have selected the most rated postpartum belly wraps and girdles for 2023 for you.
The best overall
ChongErfei Postpartum Support Recovery Belly Wrap Waist
The number one postpartum belly wrap for 2023 is one which combines a belly, waist, and pelvis girdle all in 1.
The set actually includes three separate belts – one for the belly, one for the waist, and one for the pelvis. You can put them all on at once, or only or two of them at a time, as needed.
All of this came at a reasonable price and is made of premium quality materials for added comfort.
The versatile postpartum belly wrap is all you will need while recovering from your pregnancy and childbirth.
They are made of light and breathable fabric, which will help you stay well ventilated even when it is hot.
The belly wrap is designed and made to help support the core, reduce the uterus to its normal pre-pregnancy size, and reduce the swelling in the belly area.
Not only will you feel stronger and better when wearing this wrap, but it will make you look slimmer as well.
Thanks to its sleek design, you can wear it discreetly under your clothes. It is made from elastic, which goes way above the belly, up to the ribcage. Thus, you don’t have to worry about having an unsightly muffin-top when you are wearing this postpartum belly wrap.
The belly wrap is available in two size options. The One size will fit waists from 29 to 39 inches, a hip size of 32.7 to 42 inches, and an abdomen of 26 to 36.7 inches.
The Plus size is suitable for ladies weighing 190 lbs. and more after giving birth and will fit a waist size of 38-45 inches, a stomach of 35-40 inches, and a hipline of 40-46 inches.
The belts are easy to put on without help and adjust for ultimate comfort.
They are suitable for people who suffer from back pain too.
The girdles will help the new mom maintain a healthy and comfortable posture while breastfeeding and thus reduce back pain thanks to the added boning inside.
The ChongErfei Postpartum Support Recovery belly wrap is available in beige color, and it is very easy to wash and keep clean and sanitary.
Even after you recover from giving birth and from your pregnancy, you can still continue using it for improving your posture and for eliminating lower back pain.
- It is breathable and easy to put on even after a C-section
- The affordable girdle is actually a combination of three ones in a single product
- You can wear all of three belts at once, or separately, as needed
- The belt will help reduce back pain, improve posture, and help you recover faster
- It is comfortable to wear, and you will look much slimmer with it on
OLIKEME Women’s Shaperwear, Adjustable Tummy Control
If you want to buy a postpartum belly wrap that you can continue wearing even after you have recovered from childbirth and from pregnancy completely, then this beautiful Olikeme Shaperwear could be the option to go for.
It has a beautiful design, making it look more like sexy lingerie than a postpartum belly wrap, which will help you feel all gorgeous and slim right after giving birth.
The girdle will help keep your core steady and strong even after a C-section. It will not only keep your belly tucked but will also shape and lift your buttocks too.
In fact, this pull-up postpartum belly wrap will shape your entire torso from the hips to the breasts – all in one.
Its unique design allows for easy use of the bathroom because you can slip down the bottom without the need to take the whole thing off. Needless to say, this is a huge relief, especially for new moms who hardly have the time to keep dressing and undressing every time they need to use the restroom.
The girdle is made of thin and sleek hyperelastic material, which is comfortable to put on and wear. It will help shape your body perfectly and provide the support you need without showing from underneath your clothes.
The shoulder straps are wide and comfortable and can be adjusted for your complete comfort.
Thanks to its high waistline design, you don’t need to worry about ugly muffin tops or love handles showing off when wearing tighter clothes over this postpartum girdle.
The sexy postpartum belly wrap comes in several versions – black and white, and in sizes from small to XX-large.
- It is very reasonably priced
- The design and make are very sexy
- It can help reduce pain, improve posture, and provide support for the core and back.
- It is completely invisible under clothing
- Taking the bottom part off for bathroom needs may require some practice
- The largest size is suitable for women weighing up to 200 lbs. so it may not be ideal for larger ladies
The best bang for the buck
KeaBabies 3 in 1 Postpartum Belly Support Recovery Wrap
This comfortable and useful postpartum belly wrap is one of the top deals you can find on the market for 2023. It is a 3-in-1 girdle that will keep your stomach from swelling and sagging and thus provide you with more comfort in the few weeks and months after giving birth.
It is also a useful waist belt that will help improve your posture and eliminate back pain from nursing the baby.
At the same time, this reasonably priced postpartum girdle will also help shape your pelvis and get your hips back to their pre-pregnancy position.
You will feel much more confident and happy with your looks once you start wearing this comfortable girdle.
It is made from a soft and breathable material, so you won’t get all hot and sweaty when wearing it all day.
The belly wrap is available in black and ivory colors and in One Size and X-large.
The One Size can fit ladies with a pre-pregnancy weight of up to 145 lbs. and the larger one for women with a weight of 150 lbs. and more.
For less than $20, you will receive a comfortable and well-made stomach, waist, and pelvis belt, which you can wear all together or separately, depending on your preferences.
- A versatile postpartum girdle that is sold at a very affordable price
- It is comfortable, and supportive and will help with your postpartum recovery
- Larger ladies may not feel too comfortable wearing this triple girdle
The rest of the best postpartum belly wraps and girdles for 2023
Moolida Postpartum Belly Wrap C Section Recovery Belt Belly Band Binder
If your skin is sensitive to various artificial fabrics and materials, we strongly recommend this postpartum belly wrap, which is made of 100% medical-grade cotton. It will not cause skin irritation, rashes, or discomfort even if you wear it all day long while recovering from your childbirth and pregnancy.
- Made of lightweight, breathable and hypoallergenic 100% cotton
- It has two embedded soft bones on the back for added support during breastfeeding
- It will help boost the recovery from natural birth or a C-section
- The belt has two adjustable closures, so you can adjust it to be perfectly comfortable without even taking it off
- It is also suitable for shaping the body, fitness, and for improving posture, so you can use it after you have recovered from giving birth too
- The belt is sold in sizes from XS (for waists of 24 to 27 inches) up to XL (for waists of 37 to 49 inches)
- It is offered in black, white, and pink colors
Emma + Ollie Postpartum Belly Wrap Band
If comfort is your number one concern when shopping for a postpartum belly wrap, then this premium-quality belt by Emma and Ollie is possibly one of the greatest options on the market right now.
- It is easy to put and is adjustable to fit all new moms who wore dress sizes from 2 to 12 prior to getting pregnant.
- The belt is designed to provide ultimate comfort through a three-point adjustment wrap system using Velcro fastening.
- Thanks to its adjustability, it can be worn right after childbirth and later on when the body begins restoring its normal shape and size.
- The special flexible material will move along with your body and make mobility easier.
- It also emits natural far-infrared rays, which help promote faster healing of the body.
- The belt will help reduce abdominal swelling and help the uterus restore its normal size and shape.
- It can also help new moms recover from diastasis recti and swelling following childbirth.
- It is made of comfortable and healthy bamboo charcoal fibers, which are soft and also improve circulation for faster healing of the uterus and abdomen.
- The belt has a soft lining on the front made of cotton, which helps reduce the itchiness and discomfort, especially for new mothers who had a C-section
- You can continue wearing this belt even after you have recovered from childbirth, and once you have restored your pre-pregnancy weight and shape.
- The belt can be worn discreetly under clothing as well
Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest Body Shaper Cincher Tank Top
Not only will this Tank Top by nobility help you recover from your baby’s birth faster, but it will give you a sexy hourglass figure to restore your confidence and to make you feel better with your post-pregnancy body.
- The postpartum and training waist belt is made of top-quality polyester and spandex for comfort and a soft feel.
- It has an easy to put-on and take-off adjustable hook and eye closure in three rows.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable to provide you with the most comfortable fit.
- The front of the waist vest has an open breast design, which lifts up the breasts and removes and hides back or flabby armpit fat.
- The belt helps support the back and the core and boosts the recovery from a natural and C-section birth.
- It is sold in all sizes – from Small (fits waists of 21.2-24 inches) to 4X Large (fits waists of 39.3 to 42.5 inches)
- You can wear it for postpartum support and recovery, as well as for everyday wear or for special occasions such as shaping underwear.
- It is also perfect for workouts for more sweating, improved blood circulation, and fat burning.
- The vest is easy to wash and is very durable.
BRABIC Postpartum Belly Wrap Waist Trainer Recovery Support Pelvis Belt
This excellent belly wrap corset is suitable for helping with postpartum recovery. At the same time, it is also great for shaping underwear and for use as a workout solution. It is an accessory that you will be able to use over and over again, even after you have fully recovered from your pregnancy.
- The belt has five flexible and yet stable steel bones for added support on the back and abdomen.
- It is made of a soft and breathable fabric that will stretch and provide the comfort you need after giving birth.
- The vest provides a snug fit but can be adjusted so that it is not too tight and restrictive via the hooks on its front.
- Thanks to its high waist design, you will get the back support and posture control you need, and your belly will stay tucked in without any unsightly bulking up and without rolling up under the clothing.
- It is sleek and discreet and can be worn under any clothing without being visible.
- It helps keep the internal organs and the skin from sagging and restore the uterus back to its normal size and shape.
- You can easily wash it and reuse it for workouts and as everyday wear for a long time.
- You will look stunning with an attractive hourglass figure every time you wear it.
- It is sold in sizes from Small to 3X Large.
- You can get it in black and in beige color options
BRABIC Women High Waist Control Panties Postpartum Belly Girdle Band
This belly girdle will keep your abdomen tucked in and will lift your buttocks for a more stable feel and sexier look. It can be worn as a postpartum belly wrap, as well as sexy, shaping underwear.
- It is designed to help C-section incisions heal faster
- The girdle will keep the abdomen, the waist, and the buttocks tucked in for added support, lower back pain, and an attractive figure
- It has four steel bones in the upper waist area for added support and better shaping
- The girdle won’t roll up or show underneath your clothes
- It helps accelerate postpartum healing no matter whether you have given birth naturally or via C-section
- You can wear it for special occasions or every day as sexy shaping underwear as well
- It is made of soft, breathable, lightweight, and hypoallergic material
- It has a pull-on design with no hooks on the front for added comfort
- There is a flap on the bottom, allowing for easy and hassle-free bathroom use
- You can get it in black or beige colors
- The sizes available start from S (waists of 23.6 to 26 inches) and reach up to 3XL (for waists of 36.6 to 39.4 inches)
Women Waist Trainer Tummy Control Panties
If you are not ready to break the bank for a postpartum belly wrap, then you should try out these tummy control panties by Sliot. They cost less than $15, are sleek, and comfortable, and will keep your tummy and buttocks nicely tucked in even right after you have given birth to your child.
- It is one of the most affordable postpartum bellies wraps on the market
- It has a soft, comfortable seamless design for discreet wearing even with tight and thin clothes
- The material used is 90% polyester plus 10% spandex
- Thanks to its above waist height, your abdomen and any flaps on your waist and back will stay comfortable and aesthetically hidden and pulled in
- It can also be used as shaping underwear or as a waist trainer
- It will compress the abdomen and even lift the buttocks for a sexier figure
- The sizes available are from X-small to XXX-large
- You can buy it in black and beige colors
Belly Bandit – Mother Tucker Lace Corset Shapewear
If you have experience with girdles and shapewear and you hate how it kept rolling up and digging into your skin, causing you discomfort and embarrassment, then with this corset by Belly Bandit, you can say goodbye to these moments and feel confident and comfortable at all times.
- Made of nylon and spandex with nylon and elastane sexy lace
- The 2-ply material used for the corset offers double compression, but thanks to the released bottom, you won’t feel discomfort or tension when sitting with it on
- It helps smooth the curves of the hips, waist, and belly
- It has flexible boning and an arched design, which will prevent it from rolling and riding up your clothes or digging deep into your skin
- You can adjust the compression by about 3 inches via the six rows of hook clasps
- It is light and sleek and invisible under the clothing
- The corset can be used for postpartum recovery, as well as for everyday shapewear
- It is available in sizes from X-small (a waist of 25-27 inches) up to X large (a waist of 38-41 inches)
NYOrtho Abdominal Binder Lower Waist Support Belt – Compression Wrap
This inexpensive postpartum belly binder is easy to put on and can be worn underneath or on top of your clothes to provide you with the support and comfort you need while you are still recovering from your pregnancy and childbirth.
- It offers a comfortable custom fit thanks to its convenient hook-compatible elastic.
- It is extra wide and will cover your entire abdomen for a snug fit and to prevent rolling up
- The belt will help support your lower back while breastfeeding or if you suffer from lower back pain.
- Your posture will also improve when you are wearing it
- The belt will also add stability to your core and help strengthen the muscles in the abdomen
- It is made of breathable and safe, lightweight materials
- It can be worn underneath or on top of clothing
- There is a wide range of size options available, starting from small from 20 to 30 inches, up to 90 to 105 inches.
- It can be worn by men as well.
- Postpartum Belly Wraps: Are They Really Worth Wearing?
- The Effect of Abdominal Support on Functional Outcomes in Patients Following Major Abdominal Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- A randomized controlled trial of abdominal binders for the management of postoperative pain and distress after cesarean delivery
- Randomized controlled trial of abdominal binders for postoperative pain, distress, and blood loss after cesarean delivery
Last update on 2023-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API